Strawberries are in season right now in Louisiana. We thought you might enjoy this recipe from Food.com. This would make an impressive and delicious breakfast for guests.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
To make strawberry cream:
- Combine the strawberries and sugar and chill, anywhere from an hour to overnight.
- Drain excess water from strawberries and sugar.
- In mixing bowl blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in reserved strawberries.
To make dessert crepes:
- Beat eggs; add remaining ingredients (batter can be refrigerated up to 2 hours).
- Heat pan over med-high heat (you can use an actual crepe pan, but I just use a small frying pan).
- When a few drops of water sprinkled on the pan bounces is about the right temperature.
- Pour about 1/8 cup of batter into pan, tilting to spread evenly.
- When the crepe has turned a light brown color you may or may not want to turn to brown other side.
- Turn to brown other side if batter has not set.
- Fill crepes with strawberry cream.
- May serve immediately or chills well in the refrigerator (up to 2 days).
- Before serving I usually sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar on the crepes.
- The dessert crepe recipe will also work well with many other fillings.