Veganism has steadily been making its way into the mainstream in recent years, and data suggests that the number of vegans continues to grow rapidly. Far from a fad diet, veganism is a lifestyle choice; vegans do not consume any animal meat or byproducts (including eggs and milk), but many also steer clear of fur, silk, and soaps derived from animals. Whether you’re vegan for ethical, health, or environmental reasons, The Stockade is happy to accommodate you. Here’s one of our vegan breakfast options that our guests swear by:
(4 to 6 servings)
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper – chopped
- 1/4 c. green bell pepper – chopped
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 3 green onions – thinly sliced
- 1 T. Fresh basil chopped
- 2 c. packed fresh spinach
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu – drained and crumbled
- 1 T. flaxseeds (optional)
- Salt, Pepper to taste
Combine peppers, tomatoes, onions, spinach and mushrooms with olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Saute over medium heat until wilted.
Drain and rinse tofu. Crumble by squeezing the tofu through your fingers. Add to skillet along with flaxseeds and toss to heat through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: You can add whatever vegetables you want to use. I like to add fresh sliced avocado and garnish with basil from the garden on the plate.